Monday, March 9, 2009

Sunny day

We finally got a sunny day here in Maryland and since we have been sick since winter started we decided to go and do something fun. I saw that Brookside Gardens was having a butterfly and buds class, so we got dressed packed a lunch and we were off. When we got there we were "not aloud," to stay at the class because Sofia wasn't old enough for stories and coloring. Instead of listening to my heart and becoming a pompous mommy that said my daughter sits through stories (sometime 10 in a row), and she can color for hours at a time. I listened to my brain and decided to be gracious and bitter instead. It didn't really matter though because we had a great time just walking around the gardens. We talked about all of the birds and flowers that we saw, and we must have spent 30 minutes just laughing at the geese. Sofia also loved watching the turtles bask in the sun, go in and out of the water and float around. The wind started to pick up and little girl was tired from all of the walking so I decided to eat lunch in the car. We sat in the back (and I mean the back back) of the SUV and ate our lunch. Sofia thought this was great fun and kept laughing that we were "silly in the car." We had an absolute blast, I just hope this weather is here to stay. Here are a couple of pick and a video of the day.



This may be a lot of pictures for but believe it or not this is really pared down! It was such a photo opp, with all of the flowers and Sofia having such a great time!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awwww Gigi loved watching Sofia!!!!!!!! We had to watch the video twice!

Lucy (MiMi) said...

Oh my gosh, what a perfect pick of the sweater!!! I need to enlarge some of these pictures for framing. Looks like a great day!
Love you, MiMi