Thursday, June 18, 2009

While Daddy's Away We did Play!

Well I am sure some of you are wondering....why hasn't Katie posted in awhile. Well June has been a little crazy, to say the least. Chad went away on business so I got a lot of help from everyone. I was a little afraid of doing it all by myself for a week. So my mom and Noelle came out and helped with the first leg, then Joanna and Josh helped me one night, and we had dinner at friends houses for the last leg of the trip. Here are a couple of highlights of our crazy week without Daddy.


Before Daddy left we celebrated Grandma's birthday with her


and he got to take Sofia to soccer with Ida Jane





Then Mimi came in to help, and she took Sofia and I to Ms. K's for a nice Sunday brunch. Sofia looked beautiful. However we didn't leave our table so beautiful. Sofia insisted on playing tea party with Mimi coffee during breakfast. She was happy and content and Mimi and I got to talk and somewhat eat, so we "played tea party." at brunch.

Noelle came into town to help too, and we all went to the mall to shop. Sofia talked Mimi and Noelle into a train ride.





Before Auntie Noelle and Mimi left we went to Baltimore and ate crab and walked along the water and looked at boats. Sofia loved watching the boats while we had lunch, she thought that was great!



On Wednesday night we went and stayed at Josh and Joanna's house. Joanna and I took Sofia to the park next to her house, and then to the splash park in Silver Spring. We then let her sing and dance on the stage with other children at Austin Grill while we had dinner.


When Daddy came back we took him to the pool. Sofia and I had already gone once while he was gone, but we thought he might want in on the fun. Sofia loves the pool and begs for 5 more minutes anytime we even mention leaving.


PS We have managed to stay well for about 2+ weeks now!!!!!!! We have started potty training! And we will be replacing our entire laundry room. So there are a couple of other highlights of June and what's to come

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow you are so lucky to have all those helpers!! Can I borrow a Noelle and a Mimi next year? Steve will have his first (OF TWO) 10-week away rotations. TEN WEEKS straight!! We'll see him a day here and there but basically he lives in Mason City, then Des Moines for the other one. I need a Mimi and Noelle!

What are you putting in your laundry room?

Alison and Jason said...

Sounds like a fun week! :) I can't believe how grown up Noelle is! :)

kluhrs03 said...

Can't wait to see ya'll in Tyler. I think we sold our house.