Monday, February 15, 2010

Public Bathroom

So I have to confess, I have totally been dragging my feet with the whole potty training thing. We bought a potty, books, panties, and such all when we were suppose to, however I just don't want to do it! Diapers are so much easier, and less intimidating. Well Sofia has decided otherwise, and as Chad put it "Potty Trained herself, in spite of us." She will go to the bathroom all by herself, take her diaper and such off, and then come and tell me that she went, and that she needs help to flush it down.
Okay so now I am giving in. I now put panties on her, and give her "pp treats," when she goes (jelly bellies). She has worn panties all day on Friday, and now all day again today. She even wore them out on errands, and she went at Costco! I thought it would be awful, and of course her first restroom trip had to be disgusting Costco, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I wiped the seat, and used tissue paper. I even resisted the temptation to soap and water her bottom down. I stayed cool, calm and collected. We washed hands and left! I have to say, I am really proud of my daughter, but I am also really proud of myself. I think I will be able to potty train without too much scarring:)

3 comments:

KLodiN said...

ah i cant wait to potty train my daughter! but the whole public bathroom thing isnt something i look foward to, it's something I myself try to avoid everytime i go to a public place, ho well we'll see what happens!! and good luck!!!

Laurel said...

ah no worries ... she won't walk down the aisle in a diaper:).

Totally unrelated question. How did you get your header picture to go all the way across the top? I use the same template but I don't know what to do? And different fonts too? Sorry for the techno question but you have a cute blog!

Kelly Rhoades said...

Don't be pressured. I have 4 kids. Make it available to them and when they're ready, they'll do it. The youngest girl was 2 and she decided not to wear pullups at night and has never had an accident; ever; she's 5 now. Public potties are gross....carry travel size germX and chlorox wipes with you wherever you go.