Thursday, September 24, 2009

Conversations

Well our family has been taken out by some cold/flu bug. I am happy to announce thanks to my allergist Dr. Vaghi I am on the mend! Sofia has been a total trouper and taken all of her medicine, and done her dragon (nebulizer) and never complained. Chad, thank heavens has yet to get sick, so he has been working and taking care of us. It is very important for us all to stay well because we will be leaving for Newport CA, to see my family. And of course go to the all important Disneyland, to see the Princesses! So thank you to all of you who have been praying for us!

Well this week has also lead to funny conversations with Sofia:

Conversation #1- on the way to Dr. Vaghi's office yesterday.
Sofia, "Mommy where am I going."
Mommy, "To see Dr. Vaghi."
Sofia, "Do you like Dr. Vaghi?"
Mommy, "Yes, do you?"
Sofia, "Yes....he is sooooo funny" and doing her "nerdy laugh"

Conversation #2- in Dr. Vaghi's office waiting for him to come in
Sofia, "Mommy you are being a very good girl."
Mommy, "Thank you Sofia so are you."
Sofia, "I am so proud of you."

Conversation #3- we both take our medicine at the same time now, because it is just easier to remember. That and Sofia is MUCH better at taking her medicine than I am at taking mine, so she really is a good role model:)
Sofia while "helping," me pour my medicine into my cup, "Here you go Mommy, you have to take this if you want to see the princesses."
Mommy, "okay, thank you Sofia." take my medicine
Sofia, "good job Mommy."

She is so fun I can't even stand it sometimes! Even when we are both totally out for the count and feeling terrible she is just a joy to be around. She is smart, funny, caring and kind. I can't believe how blessed I am to not only be a part of her life, but to actually be her mom! I truly LOVE my job!

No comments: