Saturday, October 10, 2009

Change in Travel Plans

Well this has been a whirlwind couple of weeks! We went to Newport Beach CA, and it was wonderful! We walked the beach, Sofia played in the sand, we had ice cream in Laguna Beach, and of course went to Disneyland. I will post pics as soon as I catch my breath:)
On the way to the airport we decided to change travel plans (I know most of you, especially my college buddies are not surprised!) Instead of flying home to Maryland with Chad, Sofia and I flew to New Mexico with my family. We then stayed there for a couple of days, and then I did the hardest thing ever, I left her there and flew back to Maryland alone! I had to have the same surgery that I did with Sofia, so my family graciously offered to keep her while I recover.
The surgery went well, and Sofia is of course having a blast, and I will fly back to get her soon. I will then stay in New Mexico all the way through Halloween! Chad is going to get a lot of work done:)
Sofia was sad the first day, and couldn't understand where I was. So Noelle and my mom tried to explain to her that I had gone to take care of the Mad Hatter. Well she interpreted this as I was going to, "change the Mad Hatter's diaper and give her a bottle." I tell you, she is just too funny, I hope that I won't have to fly 4 hours every time I need to change this new babies diaper, and give it a bottle!
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: