Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Christmas Spirit!

We are truly in the Christmas Spirit these days. Sofia has been doing two advent calendars, and learning about Christmas and the birth of Jesus, but also she is patiently waiting for Santa to come to town! She loves looking at lights, singing any Christmas song (much to Daddy's dismay!), and will stare at our tree for hours. We put our tree up on Thanksgiving, and it does bring us great joy to be in this season. I do hate the cold weather, shopping, and crowds, but I love this season of love and caring.
Here is a short video of her telling us that she got to see "Christmas," otherwise known as Santa at the mall. We went to the mall just to hang out, and walk around one night. This was before Thanksgiving mind you, so I had no idea that the big guy would even be at the mall! When we walked by she didn't see him at first, but when I pointed him out I think her heart must have leapt out of her chest. It was truly a celebrity sighting. This Santa was so great, he was so sweet and kind and caught her name immediately and called her by it, she was fascinated. She told us all night, "Christmas thinks I am a beautiful princess!"



Here are a couple of pics of us getting ready for Christmas:


Decorating the tree with Daddy and yes that is her Halloween costume that she is wearing for the 4th day in a row. My mom did an excellent job of making her "Tiana," dress for her. However I can't seem to get her to wear anything else!


Staring at the tree


Mommy and Sofia at the Festival of Trees celebration.


Riding the carousel together


Riding the carousel. She loves it!!!


Riding that train with her new friend that she met in line. She was a sweet girl who watched Sofia on the train ride (thank heavens!)


Looking at trains. It was a fantastic display!


The snow and polar bear display (which made me cringe, but Sofia LOVED it! I can't believe she likes snow!!!!)

1 comment:

Lucy (MiMi) said...

What do you mean you cannot believe she likes snow, cold, & polar bears? It 's in her gene pool! I love that she wears her costume everyday, so worth the time of sewing it and such a sweet memory. I miss you all.

MiMi