Sunday, December 6, 2009

Spiderman!



Chad and I are attempting to be the best parents we can. We noticed that we (and by we I really mean me) were buying her everything that she thought was cute, sweet, or that she wanted. In order to not let our sweet child become spoiled rotten we devised a plan. She would do chores and earn an allowance and then she could buy these things herself.
So she has helped me make beds, empty the dishwasher, dust, and generally pick up around the house. For each chore she earns a "penny." This comes from our change jar and is whatever I grab (I guess I will teach money later:) She has to save up 20 pennies and can go to the store and buy whatever she wants.
Well she REALLY REALLY wanted this spiderman at Target. Chad was thrilled, and I thought it was adorable that she wanted spiderman. So she worked and worked and saved and counted. Finally one night she had saved enough and we went to Target. She was adorable carrying Spiderman out of the store in her princess dress. She was grinning ear to ear, and wanted to sleep with him that night.

No comments: