Friday, August 6, 2010

Girls and their "birthdays"

Sofia turned three on July 30th! I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday Chad was driving 90 miles an hour in our mustang to the hospital just because he could. And now she is a walking talking girl of Independence. For her birthday Grandma and Grandpa were here, which was super fun! We all went to Kid's Space, a children's museum in Pasadena. Here she is on her actual birthday. Then we went home, took a nap (begrudged by our birthday girl) and had a nice dinner as a family in our new home. I baked a cake in my new kitchen it was really fun to be back in my own kitchen (but 10 times bigger!).

Here are a couple of pics from the day:


Sofia riding the big jeep with Cinderella at Kid's space


Grandpa and Sofia checking out the huge hissing cockroach! YUCK!!!!


This was fun, it was an "earthquake," station- read the bottom of the screen:)


My big girl riding a trike. She really tried hard to do it, and even though she caused a HUGE traffic jam and a few accidents (none of which she was in, just caused), she did a great job!


Cinderella and Sofia at the falling rock station- set up next to the earthquake display....should I be worried!


Grandpa and Grandma gave her a Snow white dress, necklace, gloves, and a purse- she hasn't taken it off since!


My sous chefs helping me make the cake


The birthday cake- as you can see I had a little too much fun with this one! It turned out pretty good, except the cake crumbled horribly. I guess it will just take some time to get use to my new oven and climate:)


Sofia with her cake


Sofia, Emily, Mommy and Daddy all at the birthday dinner

Emily is now four months old. She is so cute, happy, and really talkative! We took her today for her four month check up (she is now asleep because of her shots:( But she did good. She is in the 98% for height and 68% for weight, what can I say- don't mess with her, or come between her and food!


My beautiful girl


Sofia comforting Emily before her shots


What? Who is getting a shot!?

No comments: