Thursday, July 28, 2011

Marian's visit part 2

Well Marian went back to Ireland (BOO!!!!!!!) but we had an awesome time. I am so glad that she was here for so long. I know all of us were sad to see her go. Sofia cried the whole way home from the airport (so did I), Emily is still asking where she is by calling for her every morning, and I think even Chad is feeling the loss of Marian (she is the female version of him:). But here are some of the highlights from the last couple weeks of her visit.

Marian and I went to Las Vegas for a weekend. I finally had Emily weaned and we were off for a girls (big girls) weekend. We had a blast!!!!!


We hung out by the pool


We had a very fancy dinner (I didn't have to cut up Marian's food, or plead with her to take one more bite!)


We gambled, and this is what I started out with.


This is what I ended up with:(


We had drinks

and more drinks:)

Super Nanny, I mean Marian, got Emily to go to sleep on her own, without crying, in her crib for both nap and bedtime!!!!!!


We went to one of the top ten restaurants in the WORLD!!!! It is called Bizarre and it is in LA. Marian and I got to meet Adam Pliska the President of the World Poker Tour. He was very nice and bought us the drink that is named after him at Bizarre. The picture quality is terrible, my phone was dieing:(



Marian also helped me hang up Sofia's canopy that our dear friend Rachel gave us. She loves sleeping under it!!!!


We also roasted marshmellows and played Mad Libs one night in the backyard, it was one of my favorite things we did the whole time she was here! We laughed so hard. I had forgotten how much fun those were.




Then to end the trip Marian and I did Disneyland together. I felt like I was on SUPER DUPER HIGH FUN!!!!! I mean really Disneyland with your best friend!!!! We stayed all day and had a blast. We were laughing so hard on one ride, my stomach literally hurt:) We also got to see Tinkerbell fly over the castle during the firework show and it was very cool! I made Marian ride my favorite adult ride the "Tower of Terror," I don't think she has forgiven me yet:)










I know she is probably sleeping, and will be for about a week, but I MISS YOU MAR!!! It was fun, and hopefully I will see you very soon:)

1 comment:

Mar said...

I miss you too. I loved every minute of my California trip and can't wait to come out again!!!