Monday, July 14, 2008

The 30 minute nap





























































It is no secret, Sofia is a great baby, but a HORRIBLE napper!  She has gotten to be consistant with napping at 11:00 and 3:00, but it is usually about a 30 minute nap.

Since this is not a good time to nap, nor is it very long, I had a brilliant idea today.  I held her off until 1:30 to put her down for an hour nap.  That went... well awful.  It is was my fault because I also thought that since she would be really sleepy, she might also be able to be tired enough to practice "crying it out."  Well I won't bore you with details, but all of the above was a BAD idea!

So we had a lot of time to play, and play and play!  We tried out a new hair do, we cooked together in the kitchen, and then we played with Sofia's very favorite person, Ida Jane.  So here are some pictures to prove our very busy day.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh but look at her! Girlfriend is too busy to sleep! Oh so cute. She is getting so big, so fast! I wish we were still next door so we could see her daily.

Allison said...

Hi Katie! Tyler had a similar problem, only his nap was 45 minutes long. We read a book called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and I loved it. Just in case you want to check it out! She is so precious. I can't believe she's almost 1!!

Gra'ma said...

Sofia, Gra'ma loves your dog ears!