Saturday, July 12, 2008

Us. Who are these people really?


Sofia Smith was born July 30th 2007, and our lives fortunately has never been the same.  This last year has been a whirl wind of adventure.  I did 7 tortuous months of work after a long maternity leave. (It was the hardest thing I have EVER had to do.)  I have sold my first baby, a torch red convertible GT mustang.  I have been thrown up on, pooped and peed on, and occasionally gotten somewhere where yes, I did find dried pureed chicken on my designer shoes.  

The mommy and the daddy...or at least we refer to ourselves in this cliche way now all the time:) We have been married for 6 years.  We live in the DC metro area, not a place we would have chosen, but have grown to love.  Chad (the daddy) is working on his PhD, and working at his dream job currently.  I (Katie/the mommy) was a school teacher for 5 years.  Chad and I both love to be outside doing anything.  We love the pool, and running (when we have time, which isn't a lot lately), taking walks, and Chad loves to play golf.  We have been very blessed by all that God has given to us in the last 6 years, and our biggest blessing of all is Sofia!

I love every minute of being a mommy.  Sofia is my world!  I am one of those people who thought I would never be a wife and mother, and never be a stay at home mom.  Well I am all of that now, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I am constantly humming a nursery rhyme, sesame street song, or some silly song I made up earlier to entertain my princess.  

One of the motivations for this blog is for those friends and family who do not live close to us.  We have been so blessed that we have been brought to the DC area, but this also brings us far from "home."  The grandparents are always getting funny stories, but not a lot of pictures or videos to match them.  So I am finally giving into the craze!  I hope you all enjoy these funny little stories of the little girl that I have grown to love, adore, and especially learn from.


2 comments:

KT said...

Katie!!!! I am so glad to hear from you. You have been on my mind lately ---- I am TERRIBLY behind with photos/email/etc --- but hope to fix that in the next few days. I cannot believe that our babies are about to be ONE. WHERE has this year gone? I just told my parents tonight that this past year has passed by more quickly than any other. Know that I think of you often. Can Sofia GET HER GUNS UP???? Lauren can! :) Let us know if you're ever in Lubbock............. Wishing you the best --- Love, Katie

cookingJOY4judi said...

Love your home page! I've considered starting a fonglites blog, but can't devote the time right now. Thanks for including us.
Honolulu Momma Forever